UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023: On the official website, the UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023 is currently accessible. Therefore, candidates should download and review the most recent UGC NET commerce curriculum in order to get ready for every subject that might be covered in the test. The UGC NET Commerce topic has two papers, Paper A and Paper B, in its syllabus.
Paper A is the same for all subjects, however Paper B include questions on issues pertaining to commerce. To ascertain if Indian citizens are qualified for “Assistant Professor” and “Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor” positions in Indian universities and colleges, the National Testing Agency (NTA) administers UGC-NET twice a year.
UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023 – Overview
The detailed syllabus, broken down by topic, is now accessible for the UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023. The UGC NET Commerce exam will consist of two papers, as shown in the table below:
|UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023|
|Name of the Organisation||(NTA) National Testing Agency|
|Name of Exam||National Eligibility Test (NET)|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total Marks||Paper 1 – 100,Paper 2- 200|
|Number of Papers||
|Number of Questions||Paper 1 – 50, & Paper 2- 100|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023
The NTA UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023 is provided in the section below. Candidates preparing for the UGC NET in Commerce should be aware of the key subjects covered in the syllabus. The NTA UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023 Important Topics will aid candidates in beginning a thorough, section-by-section preparation for the UGC NET Exam.
- Unit I: Business Environment and International Business
- Unit II: Accounting and Auditing
- Unit III: Business Economics
- Unit IV: Business Finance
- Unit V: Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Unit VI: Management of businesses and human resources
- Unit VII: Banking and Financial Institutions
- Unit VIII: Marketing Management
- Unit IX: Legal Aspects of Business
- Unit X: Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning.
NTA UGC NET Commerce Syllabus 2023 –
Here, applicants may view the complete UGC NET Commerce Syllabus, which covers a wide range of subjects including business studies, accounting, finance, economics, marketing, income tax, and statistics.
Unit I: Business Environment and International Business
- Concepts and elements of business environment
- Scope and importance of international business
- Theories of international trade
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) and Foreign portfolio investment (FPI)
- Balance of payments (BOP)
- Regional Economic Integration
- International Economic institutions
- World Trade Organisation (WTO).
Unit II: Accounting and Auditing
- Basic accounting principles
- Partnership Accounts
- Corporate Accounting
- Holding company accounts
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Financial Statements Analysis
- Human Resources Accounting
- Indian Accounting Standards and IFRS
- Auditing & Recent Trends in Auditing.
Unit III: Business Economics
- Meaning and scope of business economics
- Objectives of business firms
- Demand analysis
- Consumer behavior
- Law of Variable Proportions
- Theory of cost
- Price determination under different market forms
- Pricing strategies.
Unit IV: Business Finance
- Scope and sources of finance
- Cost of capital and time value of money
- Capital structure
- Capital budgeting decisions
- Working capital management
- International monetary system
- Foreign exchange market
- International financial markets and instruments
- International arbitrage.
Unit V: Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Measures of central tendency
- Measures of dispersion
- Measures of skewness
- Correlation and regression of two variables
- Probability & Probability distributions
- Research & Data
- Sampling and estimation
- Hypothesis testing
- Report writing.
Unit VI: Management of businesses and human resources
- Principles and functions of management
- Organization structure
- Responsibility and authority
- Motivation and leadership
- Corporate governance and business ethics
- Human resource management
- Compensation management
- Performance appraisal including 360 degree performance appraisal
- Collective bargaining and workers’ participation in management
- Organizational Culture.
Unit VII: Banking and Financial Institutions
- Overview of Indian financial system
- Types of banks
- Banking sector reforms in India
- Financial markets
- Financial Institution
- Financial Regulators in India
- Financial sector reforms including financial inclusion
- Digitization of banking and other financial services
Unit VIII: Marketing Management
- Product decisions
- Pricing decisions
- Promotion decisions
- Distribution decisions
- Consumer Behaviour
- Service marketing
- Trends in marketing
- Logistics management.
Unit IX: Legal Aspects of Business
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Special contracts
- Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- The Companies Act, 2013
- Limited Liability Partnership
- The Competition Act, 2002
- The Information Technology Act, 2000
- The RTI Act, 2005
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Unit X: Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning
- International Taxation
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Deduction and collection of tax at source.
FAQs – (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. What is the URL for UGC NET 2023’s official website?
Ans. The NTA UGC NET Official website is ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Q2. How many papers are there in the UGC NET Exam 2023?
Ans. There are Two Papers: Paper-1 and Paper-2.
Q3. Do I have to attempt both papers in UGC NET Exam 2023?
Ans. You must attempt Paper 1 and Paper 2 both.